Font size: +

Croup but different

So, on Monday Tova woke with croup.

Nissim was also a bit sick with a cold type thing. But not really bothered.

Tova was also not fussed, she was however as white as white could be and looked very much like a little vampire baby!

I gave her Pred and waited. I know that is what they would have done if I rushed her to hospital, because she didn't seem so bad that she would need adrenaline right away. So, we waited.

After two hours, she wasn't worse.

She spent the day watching Dvd's and eating.

No loss of appetite.

We nervously went to bed on Monday night, Nissim woke us about 300 times and Tova joined in a for a about 100 of those. Yuval and I were a touch tired on Tuesday.

I gave her Pred again on Tuesday morning.

I was in shock that we hand't called an Ambulance yet.. How strange.

We canceled all her therapy appointments, went for a walk around Caulfield park, ate sushi and Raffeteys in Chadstone and basically did nothing all day.

All Tuesday Tova was as white as a ghost, but ate us out of house and home.

Nissim was a little poohead and woke us another what seemed like billion times on Tuesday night. Tova woke a few times again. I think she slept in our bed for a while. But again, no hospital.

Wednesday, the croup cough was gone and replaced with a 'normal' cough, but it woudn't stop. I got scared and confused. So on Wednesday afternoon after a rosy faced Tova refused to eat her lunch, I took her to the ER. After waiting for an hour and  a half to see a doctor (I have never waited that long before, and I dind't mind at all, it is nice to be bored in there, better than the alternative). The doctor listened to Tova's lungs for a good 10 or so minutes. He said she had good air entry and that we could go home. Tova didn't have a massive temp and she was happy enough. And she had been drinking lots (not eating though).

Actually it was pretty strange to hear these words fall from my mouth with such confidence after the doctor asked me if Tova had  lost her appetite ..  "Oh, I don't care if she eats or not, she is sick, sick people don't eat".. What? haha, it was funny to hear myself say i don't care if she eats or not.. And truly mean it. What a milestone.

Another mile stone was being told we could go home after 3 hours of hosptial.

Tova had a good sleep last night, so did Nissim. I had a talk with Nissim about sleeping in his own bed all night and not calling out to adults.  It seemed to work. We all had a full night of sleep.

Tova woke pink and happy. Nissim seems to be completely well.

Tova went to playgroup and Nissim to swimming lessons then off with my mum for the day (and he sleeps there tonight).

Play group told me Tova had a good day. I took her to John her Bowen therapist. She was very happy to see him, and as always he lit up when Tova crawled through the door! They really love each other.

I think some of the potions that John has given me to give to Tova for her immune system and respiratory issues, must be working!

So, croup, sick and no hospital = happy me!

This could be it, the end of hospital days! Imagine that! Wonderful.

Tova is still a little off her food today but breathing well and not coughing at all.


Keeping Warm
So far, so good