Font size: +

Road Trip


Tova and I set off on Saturday morning at 10.30ish.

I packed everything. I pretty much just took every single item of clothing from our cupboards and shoved them into two suite cases, then went around the house grabbing 'stuff'. It was GREAT because usually we go by plane and can't take much. So much thought goes into packing. I didn't think much on Saturday morning, I just packed.

So with a full car we set off. Tova watched movies pretty much the entire way. We did stop every few hours, sometimes to eat, sometimes to play. There was a park somewhere like Horsham that we spent some time in. We met some other kids driving from Melbs to Adelaide, they were cute and fun to talk to.

It started getting late so we stayed the night at a motel in Kaniva. It was fine. Tova slept in her own bed. I let her decided which bed she would sleep in or even if we would sleep together. She decided to sleep in the single bed and she actually stayed in it all night, covered even. So that is something new.

In the morning we slept in a bit and took ages to get it together, we left Kaniva at about 10ish. Again we drove for a couple of hours, stopped, ate, played, drove and so on. Finally we got to Adelaide. In the morning Yuval had told me about a self contained hotel room that was sort of affordable (Still expensive) so I decided to check it out before heading to the Mother of the guy I met on the plane to Canada's house. Josh (guy from plane) is from Adelaide and his mother has a spare room and VERY generously offered for Tova and I to stay with her. I have been quite worried about staying so far from the therapy place (40mins drive each way for therapy each day). So I first went to one hotel room that I had found. I didn't think much of it. It would have done, but still a bit far (20 min drive each way to therapy). I then went to the one Yuval found. It is about 10 mins drive each way. It is GREAT. BIG, and clean and the owners are so lovely. It is a shame to be spending so much money on somewhere to stay, but it is going to be nice.

There is no net here. So I will have to sort that out tomorrow. Not sure how I would survive with no net.

I spoke to little Nissim on the phone today. It will be nice when he and Yuval come to visit Tova and I in about 10 days.

In the bed room here there is a double bed and two single beds. I pushed the singles together for Tova, but just went to check her and she is in 'my' double bed. So I guess that is her bed now.

I went to go buy groceries, but all the supermarkets shut at 5pm.. However, get this... they open again at 12am.. yep midnight. How strange. So, we don't have anything fresh to eat. I got Tova some noodles and veggies from the noodle/wok box take away. Yuk. But it is food and not so unhealthy.

Tomorrow it all starts.. Again. I hope Tova has a great day tomorrow. I hope I get a chance to go find the internet/dongle. Just like Austria.

Therapy, therapy, therapy.

Hello Adelaide. I wonder what it is like here.

Day 1 - Future Footprints
Only a few more sleeps